The Knights of Columbus Council 8144, a local council that meets at Saint Maximilian Kolbe Church on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, has a proud history of living up to the principles and traditions of the Knights of Columbus, and has been active in service to our church, community, council members, family, pro-life, and youth.
Below are some examples of our service to our communities.
- Special mass for Deceased Brothers.
- Monthly dinners, including the Lenten Fish Dinners.
- Pro-Life rosary, Pro-Life bake sale, St Andre's Home, and Commitment of $1,000 toward a Sonogram machine.
- Dinners to support the Youth Group, Journey Retreat, and Breakfast with Santa.
- Unitas Marriage Preparation.
- Family Pool Party!
- Support to seminarians.
- Support to the Sister Project and the Deacon Reception.
- Pyxides for the church.
- Financial support to the handicapped in our ommunity.
- Refurbishing of the kitchen.
Knights of Columbus, Council #8144 Officers
Fraternal Year 2016-2015
Grand Knight Jim Welch
Deputy Grand Knight Harry Sundik
Financial Secretary(1) Mike Hurley
Treasurer John Land
Chancellor Dick Goulet
Chaplin(2) Deacon Dennis Vandi
Recorder Don DeMarino
Advocate Dan McGillicuddy
Warden Don Tobin
Inside Guard Randy Martin
Outside Guard Bill Gravelle
Trustee - One Year Tony Cavallaro
Trustee - Two Year(3) Bob Falconer
Trustee - Three Year(3) Steve Martin
1. Appointed by Supreme upon recommendation of the Council.
2. Appointed by the Grand Knight.
3. Three-Year and Two-Year Trustees progress up to the next appointment each year.
If you are interested in learning more or joining the Knights of Columbus, please contact
Jim Welch at 799-0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.