The Finance Council is responsible for assuring the necessary human and material resources – land, buildings, finances – that will enable the parish to carry on the work of Christ. To a great extent, the effectiveness of the other commissions and of the pastoral mission of the Church depend on whether the necessary resources are available to operate the programs that are deemed necessary. This commission is also responsible for reminding parishioners of their duty to return to God, as a token of gratitude, part of the material benefits with which we have been blessed.
To maintain an accurate profile of the parish including population, changing neighborhoods, economics, and future growth or decline.
- Financial Education – To educate the parish about financial needs and priorities.
- Fund Raising – To stimulate greater financial responsibility by members of the parish.
- Budget Preparation and Monitoring – To prepare and monitor the annual operating budgets for St. John and Holy Cross Parish and for Holy Cross School.
- Financial Assistance – To assist in construction and repairs, fund disbursements, preparation of financial reports, and the Catholic Appeal.
- Facility Maintenance and Replacement – To plan and provide for the maintenance and replacement of the physical plant.
- Human Resources – To provide the necessary lay personnel to meet parish needs and to develop and monitor job descriptions and human resources policies and procedures.
The Holy Cross and St. John Finance Council meet jointly throughout the year to review the financial issues & budgets of the parish and school. If you have expertise to share and want to serve your parish, please consider volunteering. For more information, contact our business manager, Katie Benedict, at email@example.com.